Do The Jerk-ey! are market veterans. After 6 years in the business, including appearances at several markets and festivals around Richmond, they know exactly what they’re doing: They’re making delicious ground and sliced beef, turkey, and venison jerky week after week. Marcia Adkins and Lynda Gilbertson started their business after creating their own beef jerky at home, inspired by a love of Clint Eastwood and John Wayne Westerns.
Pro Tip: Stock up on their delicious Hot Beef Jerky, which has just the right amount of spice and makes a great gift for the cowboy (or cowgirl) in your life!
1. What is the name of your business, and what do you sell?
Do The Jerk-ey! L.L.C.
2. What’s your most popular item, and why do you think it’s such a hit?
Beef jerky, most people like to taste the meat not the hot, there are a lot that do like the super hot beef jerky also.
3. How long have you been in business? What is something that would surprise people about what you do?
6 years, it started as a hobby and the SOJ was one of our first large scale vending opportunity.
4. What other market vendors do you trade with or buy from?
Vegetable, cheese, and donut vendors
5. Describe your typical market Saturday:
Earlier arrival to make a few sales and the real jerky lovers to show up around mid-morning.
Hikers and Hunters, Do the Jerk-ey also offers homemade trail mixes!