Tom Lowe is The Wildwood Carver, and with the help of his wife, Roberta Lowe, they sell beautiful, hand-made bowls and utensils. They also sell imaginative, Seussian* sculptures that are truly one of a kind. Tom has been a woodcarver for 30 years, and his attention to detail is unmistakable. He coats each piece with mineral oil-beeswax paste for protection and durability. Tom can even make custom shapes in about two weeks!
Like, Share, or Comment on this Post; or Tweet about it, and you are automatically entered to win a gorgeous salt cellar from The Wildwood Carver! Don’t forget to tag GrowRVA!
1. What is the name of your business, and what do you sell?
The Wildwood Carver – Carved Wood Bowls, spoons and sculptures.
2. What’s your most popular item, and why do you think it’s such a hit?
Salad bowls are the most popular as they make wonderful wedding gifts.
3. How long have you been in business? What is something that would surprise people about what you do?
This is our seventh year making bowls but Tom has been woodcarving for 30 years.
He has used over 70 gallons of mineral oil for treating the bowls and spoons.
4. What other market vendors do you trade with or buy from?
Handmades by Linda, Pure Light Candles and my wife loves Grammy’s O’s, those buns are addicting to her.
5. Describe your typical market Saturday.
Get up, set up, sell things, go home, eat and nap. Seriously, Tom is out in his shop all week by himself so chatting with friends and customers is very nice.